Saturday, January 21, 2012

How He Proposed to me

Yes i would say it was really romantic the way he proposed to me. It may not be the Kim Kardashian way but it was indeed romantic and really intimate. Instead of airplanes and horses, he really took a different approach. Mhhhhmmmm..bet you are all wondering..yeah let me start up already.


Yes,my charming prince proposed to me in a bed of roses.He could not have done it better than this.I remember it was during Mid summer in July.Of course my husband knows how to calm his nerves so i could never tell that he was up to something.I already knew we were going to the cabin,so I packed mostly shorts , t -shirts ,mountain shoes and yeah jeans.Little did I know....Any way  when he returned from work,he insisted that I had to pack up a beautiful dress.Hmm, still no hint. I thought hmmm... why do I need to dress up to go to the cabin? I knew we were going for mountain camping. So we went, trust me it was a very cozy cabin. I was really impressed. At that moment, I felt it was just me and him. The romance was in the air... The cabin had a fire place where we sat in front of it...it could not be better than that, right? Did I mention that my husband is really a good cook...he he he he...any way that day, i guess i would have thought of him differently. We had earlier gone to the supermarket and did some shopping before we had gone to the cabin. So I saw Kangaroo meat and we decided that we wanted to taste it because I thought it would have nice taste like the reindeer .
Reindeer is a popular meat here in Norway just like monkeys in Congo...he he he he...now come to think of it, I have eaten bush meat. I have eaten reindeer,so i should not judge the ones eating a monkey. My bad :)
Any way back to my story,so my hubby was preparing the food while i fell a sleep on the couch.Hmmm.the sweet aroma.Any way he woke up with a kiss and yeah he had made a very delicious meal .The problem was it was Kangaroo meat...It was also his first time, we were freaked out to try it out. We counted to the count of three and tried it out together.Thank goodness he also had prepared reindeer dish. After eating we ended up drinking wine and we sat in front of the fireplace...
My husband dragged me to the bedroom .My goodness,when did he do all this?. It took me by surprise.I guess i was sleeping. There was candlelights everywhere, and roses on bed and he had a bouquet of red roses. It was so beautiful...He was all saying all the right words.



Finally he went down on his knees and proposed to me. Honestly i could not believe it.I felt like i was in the twilight zone.Finally i have been waiting all my life for that moment.Yes,i think i was born ready to say YES!!!I could not believe that i was finally being proposed to.Ahem!!!!He asked me if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Damn! I only wished I had dressed up to the occasion but he wanted to surprise me. I  was terribling,sweating,excited,anxious.I believe all the married women out there understand what i am saying.I was in another dimension or world .When i understood what was happening,my heart skipped and throbbed so fast that i could hear it. I dont have to paint the whole scenario but we were truly happy.
Later on we decided that I climb up to the mountain nearby so I could release all my emotions and scream.
                                                                           
Later we decided to do this
Yes,those are the seven roses he gave me when he proposed to me...i decided instead of it drying and dying ,its best if we take them by the river.







I am now a happily married woman...i guess you can see that.



Cheers :)

20 comments:

  1. hei vennen flotte bilder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romantic story Lily...the pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While am so happy for u, that was really really nice and romatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! that was so romantic indeed. May God bless your Marriage Lily, beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous.this is sooo sweet.am in tears, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh what a sweet Lily! So so romantic; you are one luck lady my dear, treasure your family.

    Cheers!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily, that was very romantic and sweet.All women dream of that...
    May God bless your marriage and family....

    Spasher...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hongera sana dada....The story is so romantic

    ReplyDelete
  9. lili wow as i read thru your story i really cried i can see many blessings coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why did you make me cry like this??
    How adorable!! God's best gift to you.
    I enjoy reading your blogs too.
    Be blessed more and more.
    And thanks for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilly,

    Why did you make me cry like this?
    So adorable and I enjoy reading from you too. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I enjoy reading from you always.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey lily such a touching story.may ua marriage be blesed.n the dress on the second last foto is wow.i like it.dolphine messo

    ReplyDelete